Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day #8--Recharge

Today was insanely beautiful. There wasn't a cloud in the sky except for a few contrails, which was a huge refreshment considering there's heavy cloud cover over Salem, Oregon seven days a week during the winter. But...spring is slowly creepin' in. I hung out in the grass with my pals all day. It was awesome.

I also got to read more of Acedia & Me. It's comforting when someone writes a book that's your heart in paperback form. Also, this week Phil Gazely, the human trafficking activist and speaker on all things Holy Spirit is speaking at YWAM Salem. He was the one that offhandedly mentioned the book to our community last time he was here, because it tied in to his speaking topic that night. So I'm hoping to catch him sometime this week and see if we can talk a little more in depth about this complicated concept. But, one thing I don't want to do is start finding security in a label. I don't want to start blaming every negative thing, failure, disappointment or thing I don't like about myself on acedia. That would be stupid. So I'm hoping I can glean some wisdom from him and maybe some practical acedia fighters. He's a mighty man who's experienced much, and even if I don't get any practical tips out of him, I'm sure just being a conversation with him, about anything, will widen my perspective to something bigger than my silly self.



So, in closing, I got TONS of sunshine today, which I consider to be raw food. A+.

No comments: