Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Day #6--Running with Duck Feet

Today was 100% raw.

AND, I went for a run. I haven't been able to go running (or do much walking, for that matter) in about a year in a half because I have an unidentifiable soft tissue injury in my left foot that won't heal. But today...I took a risk and ran for 20 minutes. My form is horrible, I kind of run like a duck and my feet hit the ground in all the wrong places at the wrong times. But the good news is, the foot pain isn't unbearable! Which is awesome because I'd love an additional way to detox while I'm on this diet. I probably shouldn't run more than a couple times a week, just because I don't want to injure anything more with my poor form. But we'll see how it progresses. I've heard of everything from arthritis all the way to diabetes being healed from raw diets. I'm crossing my fingers that this will have a positive effect on my foot pain, immune system and joint health. Also, don't worry, I'm still 24 years old, not 90 years old like all of this is making me sound. Ballz.

Have a great weekend, pals.

2 comments:

eap said...

Way to go! I bet you feel awesome for running. Who knows? Maybe it could actually help your feet. But don't feel bad about your form; my feet are fine and I still have to really concentrate to not run into. . .the ground.
You got dis thang.

PS-Matisyahu's hair! Is he a lot older than I thought? I didn't realize he was so grey.

Becky Sanders said...

I know, right? I wondered that too. Maybe he's one of those guys that just goes grey at like 30 and still looks like a babe.