Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Good Lesson Learned

A wise man once said...

"Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit. When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped in the heat of the summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord'--and you forgave the guilt of my sin." Psalm 32:1-5

Aaron Weiss once said, "Find a friend, stay close with a melting heart and tell them whatever you're most ashamed of."

I highly recommend confession. Not just to God, but to people. There is so much freedom in being able to stand before God and people with a clean heart, harboring no iniquity. I don't think people realize how much unconfessed sin or animosity towards another person really affects the heart and soul. Look at that verse--"When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long". It's so true! Unconfessed issues are such heavy weights on the heart, and develop such deep roots in the soul. When your heart is clean and you have nothing to hide, you're able to receive and give love freely, without fear, because you are finally able to be who you really are, not someone you're pretending to be. Obviously this is something I just went through, so I'm recommending it to you and you and you. So, please, go find someone you can trust, and tell them the worst thing you've ever done. They'll understand and help you through it, as will God, and life will just be that much more beautiful.

In love and hope,
B

No comments: